Sunday, April 12, 2015

How to Change WSO2 Carbon Version

Few days ago I faced a problem where, when I trying to build the carbon-commons with Tomcat 8 supports though I changed the Tomcat version it is picking dependencies from previous Tomcat bundle. I tried clean repo, deleting local repo several times but couldn't get through this. When I changed the carbon kernel version and build the commons with that then problem get fixed.

In order to change the carbon version
  1. Change version in all the pom.xml files in the Carbon-kernel. At the moment it is 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT. You can easily do this by a Replace All command in your IDE or if you are a terminal guy, you can use grep/find commands
  2. Then you must change the version in distribution/kernel/carbon.product file. It has version in 2 places. Changed both occurrences to your new version.

Then can do the build without any issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment